Making your way downtown? Get fired up for December’s First Friday on December 2! Main street will be buzzing with special holiday deals, discounted local wine tastings, pop-up booths at certain stores and a magnificent tree lighting.
The Wenatchee Downtown Association (WDA) hosts First Fridays Downtown in conjunction with First Friday Art Walk by the NCW Arts Alliance on the first Friday of every month. It offers the public a chance to browse and support the many local businesses that make Wenatchee Valley unique; and admire the work of local artists of all types in galleries and special exhibits while enjoying live music, food, and shopping specials across downtown Wenatchee and beyond!
December’s First Friday is a great way to kick-off the holiday season to enjoy local wines and live music, find gifts for the whole family and watch the annual downtown tree lighting! The lighting ceremony will take place at the 32 foot tree in front of the Fountain Plaza at 4 p.m. Get $2 off glass pours at Norwood Wine Bar, attend the Two Rivers Art Gallery reception to enjoy local art, enjoy a holiday pop-up at Wenatchi Wear and much more.
Not sure where to start? Check out this Google Map provided by the WDA, or browse the list below for specific deals.
· Norwood Wine Bar: $2 off glass pours.
· Watermill Winery: Mention First Friday and receive a two for one tasting from 12-8pm. Also get10% off purchases of 3 bottles or more.
· Crayelle Cellars: $2 off glass pours from 3-6pm.
· Horan Estates Winery: $2 off glass pours from 3-7pm.
· Hard Hat Winery Tasting Room: Complimentary wine tastings and 10% off bottle purchases of 2 or more bottles. There will be Bingo from 6-8pm and Karaoke from 8pm to close.
· Chamber of Commerce: Enjoy wines from Karma Vineyards and enjoy the music of Elaine Eagle from 5-7 pm. $10 tasting fee reduced with a bottle purchase. Holiday Sale on Wine starting November 18th - January 6th.
Entertainment and Art:
· Epoch Gaming Lounge: Free side of fries, tater tots or pretzel bites with any time rental for First Fridays.
· Pybus Public Market: Art Alley from 5-7pm with featured artist Brad Brisbine and music by Just Us. Beer will be provided by The Taproom by Hellbent Brewing and wine by Jones of Washington by donation.
· Collapse Contemporary Art Gallery: Opening reception for Collapse Gallery's Final Exhibition, “Say it ain't so”, collage art by Chad Yenney from 12-9pm.
· Wenatchee Valley Museum & Cultural Center: Free Open Console Event and will be open with free admission during extended hours from 4-8pm on First Friday.
· Two Rivers Art Gallery: Reception from 5-7pm with featured artist, acrylic artist Jill Register and music by harpist Suzanne Grassell. Local wines will be served!
· The Yogi Grind: 20% off all plants and retail items.
· Salt Creek Apothecary: 15% off sale storewide.
· Firehouse Pet Shop: "Cozy Up" event; all pet beds and pet sweaters are on sale, and free cocoa is being handed out.
· Pan’s Grotto: Roll D-20 Special from 5 - 7:30pm. Roll for your discount and get up to 20% off.
· The Original Children’s Shop: 10% discount on all merchandise when you mention First Friday.
· Luana Beauty Lounge: 20% off entire store, and permanent jewelry by appointment!
· Spruce and Willow Home: Stays open until 7pm.
· American Shoe Shop: Stays open until 7pm.
· Wenatchi Wear: First Fridays Holiday Shopping Pop Up Event from 4-7 pm. Pop-up vendors include:
• Jahsullin Apparel -beadwork
• Florecitas by Roxy -beadwork
• Down by the River Lavender
• The Cookie Jar
• La Pica Chica
• Shelle Finch - hand sewn kid's clothes
· Tumbleweed: Jewelry by Jessica & Tyler Russell and Emily Wall from 4-7pm.
Restaurants and Bars:
· Shaktis: All-night bar Happy Hour when you mention First Fridays.
· Stones Gastropub: Offering a $10 specialty cocktail.
· Mercantile Workspace: $10 day pass on First Friday